Monday, June 12, 2006

Well folks!

here is the second part of my Blog thingy :)

Bit more on the backgroud, I'm from Aberdeen originally, Scottish all the way, although a friend of my dear Jeremy thought I was Chinese which I thought was strange but ah well :) Jeremy and I will have been together for 8 months a week on Sunday and all is great! He is in his second year of a physics PhD at Imperial College.

So at the mo I'm studying for exams, going ok but sure I dont know anything! Jeremy is now in Spain, good for the lack of distraction but not good when I want a hug! He is making me jealous cause he said it is fab weather, the place and the food are nice and he hardly has any lectures. It is just basically a holiday camp. He does have work to do though so wont be really lazy :) They also have an outdoor swimming pool which sounds fab and I think will be slightly nicer to swim in than the serpentine!!

For those who do not know the Serpentine, it is the lake in Hyde Park, and the swimming team are training in it for the supposed channel swim that we are meant to be doing in about a month. Don't think it will happen as we still have no money because we cant get organised but nevermind! The lake comes complete with a bucket and a half of algae person and who knows what else.

It is so hot down here, I have no idea what it is like back home but it is burning weather here. Feel like I'm close to melting. It is great, just a pity we need to study just now. My flatmate Sara and I tried studying in Hampstead Heath yesterday but that didn't really work. It was too hot and we ended up just staring into space.

Today we also tried the local library which was highly amusing. I have never been in one like it. They have wooden floors so whenever anyone walks over it they make a racket, also the staff were the noisiest people in there, shouting to each other and there were deliveries coming in all over the place. basically it wass a bit odd. We are going to head down first thing in the morning to see if it is any better then. Well it will be 10 o'clock cause the lazy sod's dont open till then :)

Anyways Enough for one night I think, back to the lecture notes!

Sweet Dreams

LouX

1 comment:

Sara said...

So true, the local library sucked arse :(

Luckily the rain last night cooled things down for a bit & now we can go back to focusing on our studies AND hopefully you will return soon with your parcel, so you can actually see things!!

Ok, off to Senate House library xx