Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Well I realise it has been a wee while since my last post. I have had several of you complaining to me for being a lazy arse so here you go!!

Well Exams were successfully completed. Well they were completed, how successfully I still don't know cause the uni still hasn't given us our grades back :( They are being a bit poor just now too by sticking courses into all the computer rooms so we cant use them for writing up. Bit of a bugger but many letters of complaint have now been sent :)

Since the end of exams I have been back working on my project. Things are going pretty well. I have some good results and some not so good but I guess thats what happens in research. I just need to be able to write it all up. Three weeks on Friday is the deadline so I better get a shifty on :)



For those who don't know, the above pictures are trypanosomes. The first kindly borrowed from Paisley university of all places ;) and the second from MBL. These are the little blighters that I am working on at the moment. Thouroughly interesting little bugs!

Go to http://www.who.int/tdr/diseases/tryp/files/tryp-poster.pdf
if you are interested and
here http://www.dpd.cdc.gov/DPDx/HTML/ImageLibrary/Trypanosomiasis
African_il.htm
for pictures!

Jeremy and I went home last weekend for my cousins wedding which was fab, had a really good time. Jeremy is an expert dancer and his first attempt at a Ceildgh was very very impressive :)

This weekend my other cousins were down visiting. Had such a great weekend. We had dinner and drinks and shopping. We went to see Chicago the musical which is fantastic, and we also learnt to dance like Oompa Loompa's. We watched the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Saturday night and discovered one of the dvd extra features was a dance tutorial. We have some great pictures.




Notice will you please the size of the flat that we had four people living in. Quite impressive I thought :-D I am really looking forward to this weekend though. I have nothing to do except uni work. Will enjoy the lie in!!

Right well that will do you just now, will write anything interesting up as it happens :)

1 comment:

Sara said...

Fantabuolous post, roomie! I'm waiting on that "15 second" video - LOL LOL LOL - you going to mee's BBQ on Friday? Jen & I are going to meet up on Friday at uni & go down together if you fancy joining :)